Subject: COVID-19 Venue Safety Plan – October 2020 (v.2 updated 09/10/2020)
Winton Motor Raceway has been closely monitoring the situation regarding the spread of the COVID-19 virus. With the situation surrounding COVID-19 evolving so quickly, we are taking proactive precautions to protect the Health and Safety of our workforce and our customers to reduce the possibility that our ability to supply is impacted.
As of 11:59pm on September the 16th 2020 there has been advice given from the Victorian State Government that must be adhered to in the” Roadmap to Reopening”
The measures that we have introduced across our facility are in line with the recommendations from the Federal and Victorian State Governments which include:
In addition to these measures, Winton has been proactively communicating daily good hygiene practices, use of PPE and sanitising equipment and physical separation requirements to all personnel.
Venue Rules and Actions
The following principles have been developed to guide in the lifting of restrictions around recreation activity. Recreation activities can resume if:
- Social Distancing (at least 1.5 metres apart)
- Wearing a face covering
- Practice good hygiene
- Winton Raceway keeps records and has the ability to act quickly if staff are unwell
- Logging of all people who attend the work premises for longer than 15 minutes – Sign on at the main office upon entry and departure
- Avoid enclosed spaces
- Workforce bubbles are adhered to (rostering practices, limiting interaction between staff)
- Strict limit of a minimum of 4sqm per person
- Groups of up to ten people can exercise or spend time outside together. You must be able to keep at least 1.5 metres distance between yourself and others. https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/sport-and-exercise-regional-victoria-third-step-covid-19
- The number of spectators attendance is limited to the lower of amount of 50 https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/entertainment-and-culture-regional-victoria-third-step-covid-19
- Added signage in place outlining hand sanitisation locations and extra precautionary measures taken, including.
- Perspex screens at the café, kiosk, and sign on areas
- New sign on secured area being made available
- Winton staff to monitor social distancing
- Card only payments, no cash allowed
- Takeaway only at the kiosk, no entry allowed
- No seating made available at the V8 Kiosk
- Regular cleaning and disinfection of toilets, door handles, and other physically contacted areas.
- Site map for sanitisation stations
- Fox Street entry to be manned for those entering between 0730 – 0900. The gate will be then closed until 1630 with a contact number at the gate for any deliveries or work-related activity. All competitors/visitors to be required to be able to provide proof of their purpose of entry.
- Bollards in place to ensure control of traffic flow past the main office to National Pit area
- Fuel Shop has one customer at a time and has continued cleansing of area, including bowser
- If the main kiosk is open, no more than 10 people (standing only) at a time. No seating or internal dining is allowed.
The Track entry/pit exit line is not to be crossed without the strict permission of the Clerk of Course. The track entry line is defined on the exit of pitlane near the lighting operational lighting system.
This number excludes recovery or emergency staff who have exemption from these restrictions.
All other customers to the circuit must remain behind this line complying with the 1.5m social distancing rule on the pit lane side unless otherwise directed to do so.
These instructions will be relayed by loudspeaker, and with instructions given during the sign on period.
Melbourne based entrants.
There is on occasion drivers and team members that travel to Winton from the Melbourne “Bubble”. These patrons will not be allowed access until all the necessary work permits have been sighted and approved as per the instructions of the “Return to Play Guidance”.
These customers must bring their own food and drink, and must, at all times wear a mask. Access to the kiosk is forbidden.
A suitable garage allocation is to be given to these teams that is away from the rest of the regional residents that attend our days.
One drive and one pit crew only are allowed. There are no family members allowed to ensue that there is minimal risk to customers and staff.
At this time competition is not allowed.
Garages and Carports
All occupied spaces MUST maintain a MINIMUM of 1 Carport or shed space between them.
Participants will be allocated a section and must remain in that section aside from using amenities or accessing the café.
Any competitor that does not stay in their allocated area for reasons other than this will be give ONE warning, upon breaching this guideline again they will be removed from the venue.
Following these outlines, we can ensure that all guidelines and restrictions are compliant with social distancing of 1.5metres spacing per person, and 4sqm in any indoor facilities, such as a garage.
If a positive exposure, or similar symptoms are detected on site, immediate actions, including the contacting of medical professionals and exclusion off site will be followed upon direction given.
Scheduled and documented cleaning of areas around the venue. Continual supply of cleaning and hygienic products.
There are numerous hand sanitisation stations within the boundaries of Winton Motor Raceway.
All are clearly signed.
At the National Pit they are at the following locations.
- Garages 2/3
- Garages 8/9
- Garages 11/12 and
- Garages 17/18
For catering staff and customers there are also extra Sanitising Stations situated at
- V8 Kiosk and
- Ticket Box
Staff Training and Education
Continual COVID -19 updates to staff.
Weekly meetings plus additional meetings when the environment changes.
Continual communication on a weekly basis with Police.
Continual monitoring of all VIC Gov legislation into outdoor gatherings.
Compliance officer for each day will be nominated prior to the event date.
Staff, and other persons who have possibly made contact will be directed to have precautionary tests as soon as practicable at a designated medical centre/hospital.
There is no reason why these high service levels will be not maintained.
This plan is to be reviewed on a weekly basis or if there are any major announcements made by the Victorian State Government.
For any further information look at the Victorian State Govt webpage at https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/state-emergency
Should you require any additional information please contact Winton Raceway on 03 57607100