Winton Drive School Track Days
The arrive and drive track day for any car, any speed. The monthly Winton Drive School Track days are designed to be extremely open and inviting to all drivers of any experience level.
With free driver training available upon request you are able to seek professional guidance, or simply enjoy the freedom of lapping the track on your own.
The choice is yours!
Winton have stacked the deck to provide you with one of the best value experiences in all of Victoria with:
Upcoming Track School Drive Days
and so much more including a relaxed atmosphere where everyone is encouraged to take it at their own pace and enjoy an excellent day out.
All cars, both street and track only, are welcome at Winton’s Drive School Track Days. This means everything from a Holden Astra, a Lamborghini or a Formula 3 car. The only requirement is that the vehicle is roadworthy and in safe condition (Brakes, Tyres, no oil leaks, etc). Not to worry! Groups are split so that street and track day cars get their own sessions and are not on track at the same time as the open wheel race cars.
Competitors are encouraged to arrive between 7:30am – 8am for driver sign in, pit garage allocation and to receive your individual timing device. Drivers briefing begins at 8:30 with the first group on track immediately following at 9am. Groups will hit the track in 20 minute sessions, rotating non stop all day with only a single pause for lunch in order to ensure maximum possible track time.
The Winton café is open for all to purchase lunch and beverages on the day. Corporate group meal packages are available for a sit down lunch in the main building, $40 – $50 per person.
This schedule will give the driver an average of 6-8 sessions in a day, totalling 2 – 2.6 hours of driving on track depending on the number of groups required. All cars are timed in every session with live data available, meaning family and friends can watch your lap times are you cross the line and drivers are able to benchmark their improvement throughout the day.
Up to 2 passenger sessions are available. Passengers are required to bring their own approved helmet. Motocross helmets not accepted.
For those looking to obtain their racing license, Observed License Test’s (OLT) can be undertaken at a Winton Drive School Track Day.
The event is covered by a dedicated photographer to make sure you have something to remember the day by and take home to show friends and family or post online. Please contact Niko French Media for any special requests.
Unlike many other customer track days, a fire extinguisher is not required. However:
- Vehicles must be roadworthy; Brakes and Tyres must not be worn out.
- There must be zero leaks of any kind, oil, fluid or water.
- Car must be empty; All personal items must be removed from the vehicle.
- These can be stored inside your pit garage.
- All headlights, tail lights and indicators must be properly working and visible when turned on.
- Drivers and Passengers must be wearing full length pants and long sleeve top OR a race suit ensuring ankle to wrist is covered.
- Helmets must be approved and must have a valid standards sticker. Motocross helmets are NOT accepted.
- Enclosed shoes must be worn, exposed shoes such as Sandals or Flip Flops are not allowed.
- An AASA or MA license is required for participation in this event. A single day AASA license ($35) or yearly club level license’s are available on the AASA Website.
- License must be obtained BEFORE the day of the event. Be aware the license requires medical information which you may need time to locate.