The Austin 7 Club Historic Winton celebrates its 40th anniversary in 2016: Australia’s largest and most popular all-historic motor race meeting presents two big days of non-stop racing featuring over 400 historic racing cars and motorbikes from the 1920s to the 1980s.
Celebrations at this year’s Historic Winton include:
- 110 years – Austin, Lagonda
- 100 years – Nash
- 90 years – Penrite Oil, Pontiac, Bugatti Type 35 World Championship, Daimler Benz, Morris Oxford Flatnose, Chrysler Imperial
- 80 years – SS Jaguar 100, first diesel-powered car (Mercedes Benz 260D), MG TA, BMW 328, Fiat Topolino, Harley Knucklehead
- 75 years – American Austin-designed Bantam Jeep
- 70 years – Singer Gazelle, Cooper 500, Willys Jeep Station Wagon, Renault Dauphine, Triumph Roadster, Jowett Bradford Van, Vespa
- 60 years – Berkely Sports, Holden FE, Austin A35, Morris Minor 1000
- 50 years – Toyota Corolla, Chevrolet Camaro, Holden HR, Fiat Dino, XR Falcon, Lotus Europa
Historic Winton displays
Shannons Classic Car Park featuring car and bike clubs
In planning – all things Austin from 1919 to 1950
- Pre-1975 Classic Car Bike & Historic Commercial Vehicle Show with trophies for vehicles of special interest- veteran, vintage, sports classics, hotrods, customs street machines, commercials and motor bikes.
- All -Makes Historic Motorbike gathering
- Historic Commercial Vehicle Van display
- Spectator access to the Competition Paddock with fabulous old racing machines on open display and if you have a Classic or Special-Interest car or bike, park in the Spectator Display Area.
Two-day pass $55
Competition paddock $5
Children under 16 free
For more information, visit the Historic Winton website.